FAQ Frequently Asked Questions about TET Exam in Assam
1. I am a graduate in science stream. My matriculation percentage is above 50% & B.Sc. percentage is also above of 50%. But my H.S. percentage is less then 50%. So can i appear to face TET test.
Ans: Yes ,But you are only eligible for upper primary ie. ME school. For lower primary (LP school) 50% in HS is must.
2. I am HS passed in(sc) and my percentage is 44, my caste is (m.o.b.c.).can l go for TET
Ans: No, for ST/SC/OBC/PH etc minimum marks in HS should be 45% for LP school.
3. I am a graduate in history (OBC) but my percentage is less than 50 in BA but in H.S my percentage is above 50. I want to appear in both paper..,can i appear for this test..?
Ans: Yes, you are eligible for both Lower Primary and Upper Primary School ,because as an OBC candidate you will get 5% relaxation.
4. I am a B.A passed girl having ENGLISH major.i am studing now M.A..my HS percent is 65+. But graduation percentage is less than 50%.
Ans: Oh !! You are only eligible for Lower Primary School .For general cast candidate 50% and ST/SC/OBC/PH etc it is minimum 45% in HS. This TET exam is only for Lower Primary & Upper Primary (ME) schools ,not for High School and HS schools, so Master Degree Marks will not consider.
5. Is B.A and Bsc compulsory for paper 1 to appear in TET?
Ans: No, it is not.
6. What about that student who have got under 50 % marks.
Ans: If you are a general cast candidate then you cant appear in TET.
7. Is there any consideration of percentage of marks those who are belonging to SC/ST category for appearing in TET examination?
Ans: Yes , for ST/SC/OBC/PH it is 45%
8. I would like to know what are the topics that will be included in the test. For example will it be like Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude test or will it include subjects like History, Geography etc.
Ans: It will be MCQ, multiple choice question with 4 options, Question paper will be in OCR & OMR format like banking or other competitive exam question paper. You have to just blackend the bubble with black pen.
9. How can we get application from for TET?
Ans: It will be available through Post Office all over assam with some fee.
10. Is there any negative marking?
Ans : No negative marking.
11.May I know where should i submit exam fees.
Ans: Yes, there must be some exam fee, it may be between Rs 150-200
12. What is the Age Limit ?
Ans : For General Cast Max Age is 38 and for ST/SC/OBC max age is 43.
13. What will be the medium of the Exam?
Ans : There will be 5 medium, Assamese, English,Hindi,Bengali and Bodo. You can choose any one form the list.
14. I have scored 67% in H.S(commerce).will i be able to appear in TET?
Ans: No way ,Commerce Stream students are not eligible for TET exam.